The advent of dental implants has transformed the field of tooth loss treatment. Unlike traditional alternatives such as dentures or dental bridges that require periodic replacement, dental implants have the potential to endure for 30 years or even longer. While boasting an impressive success rate of over 95%, there remains a slim possibility of implant failure. Fortunately, there are numerous measures you can take to safeguard the longevity and stability of your new smile. Keep reading to learn about a few of the best ways to make sure that your dental implants stay in place for years to come.
Choose an Implant Dentist with a Cone Beam Scanner
The stability of dental implants is achieved through a critical process known as osseointegration, whereby the titanium implant posts, surgically positioned in your jaw, fuse with the surrounding bone tissue. To optimize the success and comfort of your treatment, it is imperative that your dental implants are placed with precision by a skilled implant dentist in the specific areas of your jawbone.
This meticulous placement ensures the long-term effectiveness and reliability of your dental implants. When selecting a dentist for your dental implant procedure, it is crucial to opt for one equipped with advanced technology. This will allow your dentist to meticulously plan and map out the ideal positioning of your dental implants to maximize your comfort and the chances of a successful treatment.
More Tips for Preventing Dental Implant Failure
After the placement of your dental implants, it is crucial to maintain their health to avoid the risk of implant failure. To minimize this risk, here are a few essential you should follow:
- Quitting bad habits: Avoid activities such as chewing or smoking tobacco, using your teeth as tools to open packages, and chewing on hard objects, as they can compromise the stability and strength of your dental implants.
- Increasing your calcium intake: Consider incorporating an increased intake of calcium-rich foods and beverages, including low-fat dairy products. These calcium sources contribute to overall bone health, providing a solid foundation for your dental implants.
- Practicing great oral hygiene: Diligently brushing, flossing, and rinsing with mouthwash on a daily basis can ensure the optimal health and longevity of your dental implants.
- Visiting your dentist twice a year: Regular dental checkups and cleanings scheduled every six months play a vital role in maintaining the cleanliness, health, and strength of your dental implant.
- Treating oral health issues early: Be sure to address potential issues like gum disease and bruxism (teeth grinding) promptly. This will allow you to effectively protect the longevity and well-being of your dental implant.
Remember, your dentist is your ally in ensuring the continued success of your dental implant, so don’t hesitate to reach out. By following these guidelines and taking proper care of your dental implants, you can enjoy a healthy, strong, and long-lasting smile for years to come.
About the Practice
At Premier Dental Care, our commitment lies in delivering top-notch dentistry services to the Herndon community. We prioritize creating a calming and comfortable environment where you can receive the dental care you deserve. Equipped with state-of-the-art dental technology, such as the cone beam scanner, we strive to provide fast, comfortable, and effective treatments. Whether you need dental implants to replace missing pearly whites or want to schedule an appointment, visit our website or give us a call at (703) 860-8860.